Why Work at Hawkedon Primary School?
Hawkedon is a fantastic place to work. It is well resourced, has a supportive and friendly atmosphere and the most fantastic children.
Should you decide to work at the school, the school will invest in you fully to ensure that you develop in whatever role you are in. The school is a member of the Future Thinking Partnership, an alliance of schools who organise training and development for all staff. For example, as NQT, in year 1 you will attend the NQT programme, in year 2 you can enrol on the Good to Outstanding Teacher Programme, and in year 3 you can enrol on leadership training with John Samuals or Andy Hind.
Hawkedon is a large school that has a staffing structure that allows for promotional opportunities. Many of the school's Heads of Year are 3 or 4 years in to their teaching careers. All LSAs new to the school are given a thorough induction and placed on an internal training programme in addition to attending external training with the FTP or Mullbury College.
“Teaching at Hawkedon Primary School is fantastic. I am surrounded by incredibly friendly staff that are all very supportive of my development as an NQT. I am encouraged to be as creative and expressive as possible and I have been given opportunities to follow my passion for sport. I feel I have developed so much already and I am thoroughly looking forward to an exciting future here.” A Gillard NQT
"Being an NQT at Hawkedon I have been very well supported. I work within a fantastic year two team who are so friendly and always there to help and that is the beauty of Hawkedon because it is such a big school there are so many kind and caring people who are all willing to help. In Hawkedon there is a special, unique buzz of excitement (from both children and adults). Our main priority is to ensure that the children are happy and safe but we will have some fun along the way!" C Evans NQT
Download our recruitment video here.
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2018
SALARY RANGE: L10-L15
Are you looking for a new challenge in a vibrant, value-based environment to create opportunities and develop confident, lifelong learners?
Hawkedon School is the largest Primary School in the affluent area of Wokingham. As part of the Schools’ Learning Alliance, all staff have excellent opportunities to work across a range of like-minded schools.
We Are Looking For:
- An excellent and passionate leader who has high expectations and the ability to guide, coach and mentor staff.
- Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating children and colleagues.
- Excellent management and organisational skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- An enthusiastic, inspirational and innovative leader.
- Someone who can work with the Headteacher to discuss, debate and formulate the strategic direction of the school.
- A proven track record of leading initiatives that have improved outcomes for pupils.
- A team player, who can act on their initiative.
We Can Offer:
- The opportunity to lead on all academic aspects within the school as Head of Teaching and Learning.
- A non classroom based position to give you space and time to develop your leadership.
- A well-resourced school in spacious green grounds with outstanding facilities.
- The potential to develop professionally through accredited programmes such as the NPQH.
- Confident, responsive and engaged children who are keen to learn.
- The ability to work across the Schools’ Learning Alliance.
- The opportunity to drive through initiatives for whole school impact.
- The chance to be creative in driving the school forward.
- To lead, with the Headteacher, a large, motivated and committed staff.
To arrange a visit or request an application please contact email@example.com
Application forms can also be downloaded from the school website.
Please also attach a personal statement no longer than two sides of A4 to your application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 13th March 2018
Hawkedon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be DBS checked and need two strong references.
Safeguarding and DBS checks
Hawkedon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to do the same. All successful applicants will be Data and Barring Scheme checked and need two strong references. If you require any further information please email Sylvia Allen, School Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be considered when submitted on the relevant form:
Click here for Support staff application form